Clove is one of the most common species used in kitchen from ages.The dried flower buds of the Syzgium Aromaticum tree are used to make cloves. Cloves are also known in India as ‘laung' or ‘Lavanga.' It brings spicy warmth to curries, biryani, cookies, cakes and add flavor to hot beverages. It can be used whole or ground. It's a sweet and aromatic spice that's also been utilised in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Clove or laung are packed with nutrients like carbohydrates, protein and dietary fiber. It contains many minerals and vitamins also like potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, vitamin E, vitamin C, folate, niacin etc. Green Planet’s Cloves are organically grown which are full of health benefits. Regular use of cloves in food and hot beverages boost digestion, immune system and control gastrointestinal irritation.
• Cloves can help in improving the immune system by increasing the white blood cell count.
• Cloves possess strong ant-inflammatory properties which helps ease pain by stimulating pain receptors in the body.
• It aids in the removal of phlegm and mucus from the lungs.
• Cloves can be used in controlling vomiting and nausea.
• If consumed on regular basis, cloves with its medicinal properties can help get relief from stomach problems as well as toothache and throat pain.
• Cloves are high in anti-oxidants like eugenol, which can help protect against free radical damage, and they also contain antibacterial qualities, which can help stop germs from growing.
• Cloves are rich source of manganese, a mineral for optimal brain function and strengthening bones along with calcium and phosphorous.
• Cloves may improve digestion by stimulating enzyme secretions and increase digestive mobility. It is used for easing flatulence and gastric problems.
•It helps to keep blood sugar levels under control. .Cloves may improve insulin sensitivity and aids in the efficient functioning of insulin.
• It aids in the alleviation of nasal congestion, chest congestion, coughing, and shortness of breath. Its anthelmintic characteristics assist in the elimination of intestinal worms from the body.
Clove is one of the most common species used in kitchen from ages.The dried flower buds of the Syzgium Aromaticum tree are used to make cloves. Cloves are also known in India as ‘laung' or ‘Lavanga.' It brings spicy warmth to curries, biryani, cookies, cakes and add flavor to hot beverages. It can be used who