Pulses or dals are the most common and versatile food that one can find in an Indian kitchen. Pulses in daily diet helps to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle. Pulses help to generate a good amount of energy in the body. A balanced diet rich in different types of pulses can provide most of the essential nutrients. Green Planet’s Organic Pulses are 100% pure and organic free from preservatives, artificial flavors and artificial colors. These pulses are very flavorful, nutritious and super healthy. These organic pulses are full of nutrients. They are good source of carbohydrates, proteins, fibre and are low in fat. Pulses are packed with calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, potassium, zinc, vitamin B6, thiamin and riboflavin. Each of these nutrients play an important role in the body. These pulses are easy to cook and store, and can be cooked in many different ways. You just need to soak them and then cook them with your favourite ingredients and in your way.
- Pulses have low glycaemic index, low fat and high in fibre which helps stabilize blood sugar and insulin levels, making it suitable for people with diabetes.
- Pulses are rich in polyphenols, which are antioxidants and help fight off free radicals and keep the immune system strong.
- The complex carbohydrates in pulses make one feel charged up throughout the day because they release energy slowly and steadily.
- For vegetarians, pulses or dal are a good source of protein, and help them to build up muscle to get a lean and toned body.
- The soluble fibre in pulses absorbs water, forms gels and relieves digestive problems like constipation and irritable bowel movements.
- The high fibre content in these organic pulses keep the food for longer time in the digestive tract, making you feel full, which helps in weight management.
- The organic pulses are rich in folate and magnesium, which play an important role in maintaining heart health. Folate lowers the levels of homocysteine in blood which is responsible for damaging arteries. Magnesium improves the flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- The calcium found in pulses contributes to promoting bone health and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Pulses help increases metabolism and improves digestion.