Tulsi is an ancient ayurvedic herb popular for its medicinal properties to treat a number of health disorders. Tulsi is called as QUEEN OF THE HERBS. In India, one can find this plant in almost every house. It is known to promote the longevity of life and has gained popularity because of its rich antioxidants and adaptogenic properties. It brings balance between the mind and the body and also helps to prevent stress related problems.
Tulsi is worshiped in India as holy plant and also known as HOLY BASIL.
Tulsi is used to purify the environment and to avoid negativity and treated as a sacred plant in Hindu belief.
Remarkable feature of Tulsi is that, unlike other medicinal plants it is effective even if not consumed. Just its close proximity is enough.
Tulsi, the herb of yoga, Ayurveda and puranic tradition is one of the rare herbs that is both extremely effective and also has fantastic taste. Keeping all the goodness and effectiveness of Tulsi.
GREEN PLANET is introducing TULSI for our customers for their true wellness.
Our formulation contains six major types of Tulsi
KARISHNA TULSI (Ocimum sanctum)
RAMA TULSI (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
VANA TULSI (Ocimum gratissimum)
LEMON TULSI (Ocimum americanum)
SWEET TULSI (Ocimum basilicum)
HOARY TULSI (Ocimum canum)
- KARISHNA TULSI: It contains eugenol, caryophyllene and ursolic acid. It is known to be beneficial to treat throat infections, respiratory system, nasal lesions, earache and skin diseases.
- RAMA TULSI: It also having eugenol, caryophyllene and ursolic acid. It is known for its cooling mellower taste, strong aroma and is very effective for severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- LEMON TULSI: is a hybrid between Sweet basil and American basil. This Tulsi shows a strong fragrant lemon scent and is used for cooking. It contains a chemical called citral. It is used for medicinal purposes too.
- VANA TULSI: It is used for both nutritional and medicinal purposes. It exhibits antifungal activities and contains active chemical substances like tannis, oligosaccharides, phenols, flavonoids and alkaloids. Helpful in stomach disorders, diarrhoea, cholera.
- SWEET TULSI: It is highly rich in phytonutrients. Helpful in weight loss and used for treating urinary infection. It is having anti-ageing properties that is capable of preventing aging harmful effects. Basil is excellent source of calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin A, copper, beta carotene, potassium, manganese. It is anti-inflammatory in nature. Beta caryophyllene in basil makes them ideal for treating inflammatory bowel diseases and arthritis and also helpful as mouse wash.
- HOARY TULSI: It contain 36 compounds with camphor as a major one. Ocimum canum is used specially for treating various types of diseases and lowering blood glucose and also treats cold, fever, parasitic infestations on the body and inflammation of joints and headache.
Dosage: 1-2 drops in water/tea/coffee/lassi/milk etc. 4-5 times a day.