- Cucumbers are species of the Cucurbitaceae family of plants.
- It is a self-pollinated annual vegetable.
- Cucumbers are South Asian natives.
- The primary growth regions are Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Andhrapradesh.
- Soil - Cucumber can be grown in all types of soil.
- pH- 5.5-6.8.
- Temperature- 18°C–24°C.
- Rainfall- 120-150mm.
- Climate- warm weather.
Cucumber plants need between 1 and 2 inches of water per week for optimum production and fruit quality.
Plants have a higher demand for moisture during pollination and fruit development.
- Prepare the field at least one month before planting
- Form raised beds of 120 cm in width at an interval of 30 cm and the laterals are placed at the center of each bed.
- Apply well-decomposed animal manure.
- Sow the seeds from June or January to April.
- Sow 3-4 seeds/hill and cover with a thin layer of soil.
- Irrigate the field right after sowing.